Google Chromecast is a device that can be plugged into your TV and provide you with easy access to all the major streaming services like Netflix, YouTube, and even Google Play. Moreover, all Google Chromecast share the same tech, and it also has the video-sharing feature. Thus, with that feature, you can watch and stream all the shows, movies, or anything else on your big screen directly via your phone or laptop. Also, they keep coming up with more updates to make its functionality more brisk and wholesome. However, it’s no wonder that with the new Chromecast, you will be able to watch your favorite Netflix shows or anything else on the biggest screen of your house. In addition to this, everyone knows how the Chromecast is facing competition with Roku streaming stick 4k and Fire TV Stick. Now, let’s understand how to set up Chromecast.
Steps To Set Up Google Chromecast
- Connect Google Chromecast To Your TV
Check out your TV to find its HDMI port to plug the Chromecast into that port. Further, plug the USB wire into a compatible port or power outlet. However, if you’re using a 4K-compatible Chromecast ultra, then make sure to attach the adapter to an outlet. Since a USB port doesn’t supply enough power, it won’t be enough.
- Install The Google Home App
Use App Store or Play store to download the google home app. However, if you’re using Google Chromecast on the computer, you won’t require the Home app. You just need Chrome browser to go on the Chromecast website and go according to the steps. Next, turn on your TV and choose the right input.
- Choose the + sign
You will notice the + Sign in the top left corner on the next screen. Thus, you must click on that icon.
- Click on the “Set Up Device” option.
After clicking on the plus sign, you will see various options in front of you on the screen. You need to click on the “Set up device” option to set up a new device.
- Choose New devices
You will get a new option named “New devices.” Therefore, click on it to proceed further.
- Now Select a home
The Chromecast will now be set up using the Google Home app. There’s nothing you need to do except hit Continue when requested.
- Click on Chromecast
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the “NEXT” button.
- To confirm the 4-character code on the screen, click on “Yes.”
- To consent to the legal fine print, click on “I agree.”
- You can choose whether or not to share your data with Google.
- Tell Google Home where your gadget is in the house.
- Connect your Chromecast to a Wi-Fi connection.
- Continue By clicking the Continue button.
- To set up Google Assistant on Google Chromecast, click on the Next button.
- A series of service alternatives can be added or removed. You’ll have the option of listening to the radio, watching the video, or watching live television.
- If you want to get emails regarding Google hardware, click Sign Up.
- Next should be selected.
- Watch A Tutorial.
How To Set Up Google Chromecast With Google TV
- Connect your Chromecast in your Google TV to a power socket.
- Connect the Chromecast with Google TV to the HDMI connector on your TV.
- Press and hold the Back and Home buttons on the Chromecast control as directed on the screen.
- Choose your preferred language.
- Download and open the Google Home app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- In the Google Home app, tap the Set up Chromecast button.
- Choose a “home” where you’ll use your Chromecast with Google TV. This is how people divide innovative home technology between different areas.
- Allow the Google Home app to use your phone’s camera.
- Scan the QR code on your TV with your device’s camera app.
- Accept Google’s legal terms twice.
- With Google TV, you may choose the location of your Chromecast.
- You may keep a name for your Chromecast with Google TV if you like.
- Make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Now, log in using your Google Account, and you’ll be halfway there.
- Accept (or refuse) to share your location and diagnostic information.
- Allow (or disallow) Google to connect to your device’s apps.
- Voice Match can be enabled or disabled.
- Connect your favorite apps and services.
- For your Ambient mode, choose Google Photos or Art. This is the screensaver you’ve chosen.
- You can opt-in or out of receiving hardware-related emails from Google. Now your Google Chromecast with Google TV is ready to use! You’ve completed the task!