BEST CDN SERVICE PROVIDERS OF 2022
Therefore, here’s our list of some efficient and fast Content Delivery Network Providers. Use a professional content delivery network to escalate your website. While we are talking about CDN providers, if you want to know about the best VPN services, then read here.
One of the greatest CDN providers on the market is StackPath. Furthermore, it comes with many data centers across the world, allowing you to optimize your website’s loading speed. Moreover, they bought MaxCDN a few years ago in order to refine their service.
- Firstly, you can use as many websites as you like without any limitations.
- With their base plan, you get 1 TB (terabyte) of bandwidth each month.
- EdgeSSL certificate with a private key is available for free.
- There are multiple server sites across the world, along with security services.
- They have 14 points of presence (PoPs) across North America.
- In addition, 9 in Europe, which is excellent for those in the west.
Well, the features of SackPath are enough to deserve its first spot on this list. Furthermore, the economical pricing of $10 per month makes it more preferable.
If you’re looking for a feature-rich CDN service, Sucuri is the best option. Furthermore, Sucuri has malware detection and eradication along with active intrusion prevention. In addition, a list of recommendations for cleaning your database after a security breach.
What Sucuri offers:
- Every package comes with an unlimited bandwidth allowance.
- Consistent website uptime.
- Along with their CDN service, they provide security features.
- Their customer service team is ready 24/7 to assist you with your issues.
- Pricing: $199 per year for a single website.
Cloudflare is the best free content delivery network, with a number of capabilities that can help your website load faster. Furthermore, you receive HTTP 2/3 content acceleration, custom purging, and DDoS protection with this service. Also, cache analytics, mobile optimization, role management settings, and other features are available in some plans.
- Easy setup.
- From the control panel, you can easily monitor the performance.
- North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Australia/New Zealand are among the 180+ data centers worldwide.
- REST API allows developers to have complete control over what the service does.
- Costing: Plans start from $20 per month.
KeyCDN is unquestionably one of the top CDN hosting options available. Furthermore, rapid HTTP/2 delivery, traffic control settings, hotlink protection, and other features are available through this service. These features are available at a low-cost thanks to a cost-effective pre-pay arrangement.
What more KeyCDN provides:
- There are 34 data centers.
- “Pay as you go” programs are simple to set up on your WordPress site.
- Customer service 24/7 is available at no extra charge.
- Plans start from $0.04 per GB.
5. G-Core Labs
G-Core Labs is one of the world’s fastest content delivery networks. It has a global average latency of under 30 milliseconds. Thus, making it more feasible with a 120 point-of-presence (POPs) network and 6000 peer-to-peer partners. Moreover, it holds the Guinness World Record for the most players on a single gaming server.
G-Core Labs services:
- It provides Encrypt SSL for end-to-end encryption.
- Levels 3, 4, and 7 of DDoS protection protect you from hostile web attacks.
- The customer service team is available 24/7 via phone, email, and chat.
- Moreover, it offers 1TB/month and access to 28 nodes for free.
Akamai is a content delivery network company with a long history. You receive low latency connections, quick CDN propagation, a staging environment, and aggressive resource compression with this solution. Moreover, website caching is present in over 145 countries across the world.
- The world’s largest CDN network.
- Diagnostic tools for debugging and troubleshooting.
- Cloud DDoS mitigation for optimized for media streaming.
CacheFly is one of the market’s oldest CDN providers. Furthermore, you can use their service to stream videos and podcasts without any problems. It has an easy-to-use interface that allows you to handle anything with ease. Although it is a bit pricey, costing $495 per month. However, they also provide security measures such as DDoS and malware protection to safeguard your website from hackers.
Additional features of Cachefly:
- Everything is manageable using a simple dashboard.
- Security features are available.
- Exceptional customer support.
Rackspace is popular for managing cloud computing. Furthermore, they offer a CDN service to help you improve the performance of your eCommerce, web application, and other websites. Rackspace functions on robust cloud architecture, so your WordPress site will load quickly. It’s available in over 200 data centers around the world.
- Integration of a content management system.
- Support for third-party hosting.
- Installation of an e-commerce application.
- Costing starts from $0.16 per GB.
Fastly is a proud CDN services supplier to companies, like Spotify and Reddit. Also, the company lives up to its name, delivering lightning-fast speed. In addition, the vital point of Fastly is how customizable the service is. Hence, they support several sorts of video caching. Moreover, it supports a plethora of low-level controls for individuals who wish to tinker with HTTP headers for content customization. When it comes to pricing, Fastly uses a pay-as-you-go concept with a monthly minimum payment of $50.
10. Amazon CloudFront
Amazon CloudFront is the CDN arm of AWS (Amazon Web Services); therefore, it’s unquestionably a powerhouse. Moreover, CloudFront comes with a slew of advanced capabilities. It includes the ability to modify things like enabling automatic GZip compression for faster loading times.
What Amazon CloudFront provides:
- Instant delivery of personalized content.
- Hundreds of cutting-edge sites all over the world.
- Plan price varies from location to location.
How to pick the Best CDN Providers?
Till now, you might have got an idea of how a CDN works. Moreover, what Content Delivery Network to trust your website with. However, if you are in dilemma for opting for an ideal option, follow the below steps to complete your research:
- Browse for the names on the internet to see what stands out.
- Read some reviews and blogs of popular online forums and sites.
- This will help you with your facts and extensive research.
- Sign up for free/trial accounts for experimenting.
- However, while testing, consider the customer’s accessibility and evaluate on following parameters:
- Customer support
What are the advantages of using a CDN?
- Reduced latency: Instead of making queries to the original source and waiting for a response, the user will receive content from a CDN PoP near them.
- Greater scalability: At peak load, the CDN can handle 40-200 Tbps. Moreover, it can give a global, always-on experience, even in unforeseeable events like malicious assaults or origin failure.
- Lower bandwidth costs: Because most traffic no longer leaves the origin, CDN lets content providers cut delivery costs drastically through caching and request optimizations.
- Improved security: The CDN works like a proxy in front of the origin server, adding an extra layer of protection by masking the origin’s real IP address.